Jeff Walker & Associates is a Music Row consulting firm, offering services in both the U.S. and international Country music industries. Drawing from decades of personal experience and successful business endeavors in nearly every facet of the industry, President Jeff Walker provides unique insight into the Country music community, with special emphasis on international Country music consultation.
A former label executive at Con Brio Records in the 70s, the Australian-born Walker founded The AristoMedia Group in 1980, building a multi-faceted “umbrella company” that houses specialized divisions in radio promotion, video promotion, publicity, new media marketing, video distribution and even dance club venue marketing. He also operates a digital distribution label, GMV Nashville, and a publishing group, Walkerbout Music.
Throughout his career, Walker has worked tirelessly to advance the Country music genre in foreign markets, whether it’s through his work with superstars like Shania Twain and Keith Urban, or his service on the boards of prominent international Country music associations like the CCMA, CCMC and the CMA’s Global Market Task Force. He served as President of the Nashville Film Festival in 2004, elected in only his third year as a board member. He is also largely responsible for coordinating the Global Events concerts at the CMA Music Festival each year. Walker has wisely recognized the value of Country music’s appeal beyond the borders of the U.S., and it is this kind of global vision that resulted in his being named one of 2009′s International Country Music Ambassadors by the International Country Music Day Organization.
JW&A offers more than 30 years of experience in the Country music industry to provide its clients with the critical input and practical insight they need for most any endeavor in the music business. From domestic business plan strategies to international touring to special events needs, Jeff Walker and his staff have the firsthand experience to offer straightforward answers to your questions. Contact JW&A at here with inquiries.
Some of Walker’s notable international activities and credits include:
- Board member of Canadian CMA (2005-2008)
- Service on Australian Contemporary Country Music Coalition (2002-2008)
- Participant in CMA’s ‘New From Nashville’ tour in UK/Ireland (2005-2007). Featured artists such as Dierks Bentley, Jamie O’Neal, Jace Everett, Jon Randall, Jessi Alexander and Julie Roberts
- Coordinated Nashville media opportunities for Australia’s annual ‘Telstra Road to Tamworth’ winners since 2004
- Served as Nashville Media Advisor for Canadian CMA since 1997
- Participant/Moderator on numerous internationally-oriented panels at Country Radio Seminar, Americana Music Conference, Canadian Country Music Week and NARAS workshops
- Publisher of Aristo International Report, a quarterly newsletter covering global country music news and events
- Recipient of the Leonard T. Rambeau International Award, presented by the Canadian CMA in 1998
- Publicity services for the prestigious International Country Music Conference held at Belmont University in Nashville for last three years